GooglePlay: The item you requested is not available for purchase

Viewed 12060

I am getting the following from the Google Play IAB API;

The item you requested is not available for purchase

I have however successfully tested against static responses, and in addition, the following code returns myProductId in the list of available products;

ArrayList<String> skuList = new ArrayList<String> ();
skuList.add("myProductId");
Bundle querySkus = new Bundle();
querySkus.putStringArrayList("ITEM_ID_LIST", skuList);
Bundle skuDetails = service.getSkuDetails(3, activity.getPackageName(), "inapp", querySkus);

In addition I have;

  • Published a beta APK
  • Added a test user to the beta and opted in via the URL
  • Logged on the device with the test user (gmail account)
  • Pushed a signed APK with the same versioncode to the device
  • Activated the product

The purchasing code I am using is;

Bundle buyIntentBundle = service.getBuyIntent(3, activity.getPackageName(), "myProductId", "inapp", "payload");
PendingIntent pendingIntent = buyIntentBundle.getParcelable("BUY_INTENT");
activity.startIntentSenderForResult(pendingIntent.getIntentSender(), 1001, new Intent(), Integer.valueOf(0), Integer.valueOf(0), Integer.valueOf(0));

Finally, logcat shows the following;

D/Finsky: [1] PurchaseFragment.onStateChange: Error: PurchaseError{type=3 subtype=0}
D/Finsky: [1] PurchaseFragment.onStateChange: Purchase failed: PurchaseError{type=3 subtype=0}

Whilst there are other questions related to this issue, none of them solve it for me;

  1. the item you requested is not available for purchase
    • Product is active
  2. The item you have requested is not available for purchase
    • Testing with Static Responses is successful for product android.test.purchased
  3. Android In App Purchase “Item that you have requested is not available for purchase” Error
    • Test user logged in
5 Answers

While purchasing an in-app subscription, I had all the things from below list at the right place.

  1. Created signed apk and published to alpha channel

  2. Added tester email ids to license testing

  3. Added tester email ids to closed track alpha testing

  4. Opted in to be a tester

  5. Testing Id was different from developer account's id

  6. Was on android device and not on emulator

  7. Downloaded the app from play store

Still I was getting this error saying "Item you were looking for could not be found".

After wasting 2-3 days I found out that it was only working if some payment mode was setup in play store.

While most of the answers are related to old IAB purchase and I implemented new billing client API which is - implementation 'com.android.billingclient:billing:1.0', it was not easy to find out the solution.

If this is the same case for some one, adding a payment mode might help you to overcome this error. You need to add one even for testing it, however, it will not be charged for email ids added as a license testers.

Related