PHPExcel: How do I insert an image to header/footer, using a template?

Viewed 8891

What I'd like to achieve:

Programmatically insert an image (from a file) to the header section of an Excel template file.

What I have tried so far:

I have based my work on information from the examples in the docs, and combined example 4 and example 30. Both scripts work excellent separately. However, if I load a template (blank xls file) and insert an image to the header, the image does not appear when I open the workbook.

So far I have tried Excel 2007 and Excel 95, with no success.

I have also tried to insert the exact same image into cell A1 in the workbook, which works perfectly each time.

My code:

<?php

/** Error reporting */
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', TRUE);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', TRUE);

define('EOL',(PHP_SAPI == 'cli') ? PHP_EOL : '<br />');

date_default_timezone_set('Europe/London');

require_once dirname(__FILE__) . '/../Classes/PHPExcel/IOFactory.php';

$objReader = PHPExcel_IOFactory::createReader('Excel5');
$objPHPExcel = $objReader->load("templates/30template.xls");

// Create new picture object and insert picture
$objDrawing = new PHPExcel_Worksheet_Drawing();
$objDrawing->setName('Image');
$objDrawing->setDescription('Image');
$objDrawing->setPath('./images/phpexcel_logo.gif');
$objDrawing->setHeight(50);
$objDrawing->setCoordinates('A1');
$objDrawing->setWorksheet($objPHPExcel->getActiveSheet());

// Add a drawing to the header
$objDrawing = new PHPExcel_Worksheet_HeaderFooterDrawing();
$objDrawing->setName('Image');
$objDrawing->setPath('./images/phpexcel_logo.gif');
$objDrawing->setHeight(36);
$objPHPExcel->getActiveSheet()->getHeaderFooter()->addImage($objDrawing, PHPExcel_Worksheet_HeaderFooter::IMAGE_HEADER_LEFT);

// Save Excel 2007 file
$objWriter = PHPExcel_IOFactory::createWriter($objPHPExcel, 'Excel2007');
$objWriter->save(str_replace('.php', '.xlsx', __FILE__));

// Save Excel 95 file
$objWriter = PHPExcel_IOFactory::createWriter($objPHPExcel, 'Excel5');
$objWriter->save(str_replace('.php', '.xls', __FILE__));
1 Answers
Related