Amazon S3 bucket policy for uploading and viewing pictures

Viewed 8859

I have an app that users log in with facebook and then can upload images to s3 bucket and view them. I used Cognito service to allow every logged in user to upload and view all files.

I have no idea how to set the correct permissions on the s3 bucket. This is my attempt at it, but I get can't save the policy and get Statement is missing required element - Statement "NO_ID-0" is missing "Principal" element

{
    "Version": "2012-10-17",
    "Id": "Policy1457546546214",
    "Statement": [
        {
            "Sid": "Stmt1475657256771436",
            "Effect": "Allow",
            "Principal": "*",
            "Action": "s3:GetObject",
            "Resource": "arn:aws:s3:::bucket-name/*"
        },
        {
            "Sid": "Stmt16577654572138125",
            "Effect": "Allow",
            "Principal": "*",
            "Action": "s3:PutObject",
            "Resource": [
                "bucket-name/identity-pool-id*"
            ]
        }
    ]
}

This is the client part, if it helps:

FB.login(function (response) {
    if (response.authResponse) {

      AWS.config.region = 'eu-west-1';
      AWS.config.credentials = new AWS.CognitoIdentityCredentials({
        IdentityPoolId: 'eu-west-1:xxxxxxxxxxx',
        Logins: {
          'graph.facebook.com': response.authResponse.accessToken
        }
      })

      var bucket = new AWS.S3({params: {Bucket: 'name'}})
      var fileChooser = document.getElementById('file-chooser')
      var button = document.getElementById('upload-button')

      button.addEventListener('click', function() {
        var file = fileChooser.files[0]
        var params = {Key: file.name, ContentType: file.type, Body: file}
        bucket.upload(params, function (err, data) {
        ...

Cognito IAM > Roles > Cognito_myappAuth_Role:

{
    "Version": "2012-10-17",
    "Statement": [
        {
            "Action": [
                "cognito-identity:*"
            ],
            "Effect": "Allow",
            "Resource": [
                "*"
            ]
        },
        {
            "Effect": "Allow",
            "Action": [
                "s3:GetObject",
                "s3:PutObject",
                "s3:PutObjectAcl"
            ],
            "Resource": [
                "arn:aws:s3:::bucket/${cognito-identity.amazonaws.com:sub}/*",
                "arn:aws:s3:::bucket/${cognito-identity.amazonaws.com:sub}"
            ]
        }
    ]
}
1 Answers
Related