Making video load faster in videoview

Viewed 6657

I play a video in a videoview from an URL...everything works fine and even the video plays

But the only problem is that the video takes almost 10 seconds to start playing which might be kind of annoying to the user

I have tried different URLs and its the same, the videos are 360p and 6sec long

Is it the default media player that is slow?

I have the stack overflow but could not find a suitable answer and ever searched for various 3 rd party videos libraries but could not find one

Even tried google's exoplayer library but the documentation is not that good in my view

Is there any solution how to overcome this problem?

my code

    public class MainActivity extends Activity {
        @Override
        protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
            super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
            setContentView(R.layout.main);

            String videeourl = "http://techslides.com/demos/sample-videos/small.3gp";

            VideoView videoView = (FastVideoView)findViewById(R.id.video);
            videoView.setMediaController(new MediaController(this));
            videoView.setVideoPath(videeourl); 

            videoView.start();
        }
    }
2 Answers
Related