This is my first application using spring-data-redis and I think I get the concepts pretty well (I've used JdbcTemplate many times with RDBMS-es in the past). Here's what's happening...
The problem I'm running into is that every time I do a get(key) operation (using a ValueOperations object) a connection is opened and closed which causes an approximately 1/10th second delay (this is server code, so 1/10th second is substantial). Here's the spring XML configuration:
<!-- Redis DAO stuff -->
<bean
id="jedisPoolConfig"
class="redis.clients.jedis.JedisPoolConfig"
p:testOnBorrow="true"
p:testOnReturn="true"
p:timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="60000"
p:minIdle="2"
p:maxTotal="30"
p:maxIdle="10"
/>
<bean id="jedisConnectionFactory"
class="org.springframework.data.redis.connection.jedis.JedisConnectionFactory"
p:host-name="${redis.url}"
p:port="${redis.port}"
p:database="0"
p:use-pool="true"
p:pool-config-ref="jedisPoolConfig"
/>
<bean id="stringRedisSerializer"
class="org.springframework.data.redis.serializer.StringRedisSerializer"
/>
<bean id="redisTemplate"
class="org.springframework.data.redis.core.RedisTemplate"
p:connection-factory-ref="jedisConnectionFactory"
p:defaultSerializer-ref="stringRedisSerializer"
/>
and here is the relevant Java code:
@Autowired
private RedisTemplate<String, String> template;
private ValueOperations<String, String> valOps;
@PostConstruct
public void init() {
logger.debug("111111111111111111111111aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa");
valOps = template.opsForValue();
}
public String getTestVal() {
logger.debug("getTestVal() function called++++++++++++++++++++");
Object testVal2 = valOps.get("akey");
testVal2 = valOps.get("akey");
testVal2 = valOps.get("akey");
testVal2 = valOps.get("akey");
testVal2 = valOps.get("akey");
testVal2 = valOps.get("akey");
logger.debug("TestVal2 returned from REdis: " + testVal2);
return null;
}
So the value for the same key is being retrieved six times. The log output that I see is as follows:
13:46:37.011 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG com.arrow.pricing.dao.RedisDAO - getTestVal() function called++++++++++++++++++++
13:46:37.014 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG o.s.d.r.core.RedisConnectionUtils - Opening RedisConnection
13:46:37.344 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG o.s.d.r.core.RedisConnectionUtils - Closing Redis Connection
13:46:37.416 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG o.s.d.r.core.RedisConnectionUtils - Opening RedisConnection
13:46:37.543 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG o.s.d.r.core.RedisConnectionUtils - Closing Redis Connection
13:46:37.616 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG o.s.d.r.core.RedisConnectionUtils - Opening RedisConnection
13:46:37.742 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG o.s.d.r.core.RedisConnectionUtils - Closing Redis Connection
13:46:37.812 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG o.s.d.r.core.RedisConnectionUtils - Opening RedisConnection
13:46:37.940 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG o.s.d.r.core.RedisConnectionUtils - Closing Redis Connection
13:46:38.003 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG o.s.d.r.core.RedisConnectionUtils - Opening RedisConnection
13:46:38.128 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG o.s.d.r.core.RedisConnectionUtils - Closing Redis Connection
13:46:38.201 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG o.s.d.r.core.RedisConnectionUtils - Opening RedisConnection
13:46:38.337 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG o.s.d.r.core.RedisConnectionUtils - Closing Redis Connection
13:46:38.414 [http-nio-8080-exec-1] DEBUG com.arrow.pricing.dao.RedisDAO - TestVal2 returned from REdis: yo mama
I thought I had followed the docs on how to set up a connection pool, but when dealing with a performance-oriented platform such as Redis, I would not expect this delay I'm seeing.
Thank you in advance for any assistance or hints.