White border around dark themed CardViews

Viewed 750

I have a custom control that extends CardView. I am adding it to a linear layout so that I can create a grid of cards. I'm not using a ListView or RecyclerView.

I wanted to set up a gap between the cards within the linear layout, so I defined a margin.

THe card layout is using the dark theme. My application is using the default material theme (dark). I'm testing on a Pixel C, Android 6.0.1.

<android.support.v7.widget.CardView
        xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
        xmlns:card_view="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_marginStart="15dp"
        android:layout_marginEnd="15dp"
        card_view:cardUseCompatPadding="true"
        card_view:cardPreventCornerOverlap="false"
        card_view:cardElevation="5dp"
        style="@style/CardView.Dark">
<!-- content here -->
</android.support.v7.widget.CardView>

I'm adding them to a list view as such:

LinearLayout.LayoutParams layoutParams = new LinearLayout.LayoutParams(TableRow.LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT,
        TableRow.LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT);
LinearLayout newLinearLayout = new LinearLayout(this);
newLinearLayout.setLayoutParams(layoutParams);
newLinearLayout.setOrientation(LinearLayout.HORIZONTAL);

mainLayoutContainer.addView(newLinearLayout);
newLinearLayout.addView(myCardLayoutObj);

The class that uses the layout with the CardView actually extends CardView itself, e.g.

public class MyCustomWidgetextends CardView{
    public MyCustomWidget(Context context) {
        super(context);

        LayoutInflater layoutInflater = (LayoutInflater) context.getSystemService(Context.LAYOUT_INFLATER_SERVICE);
        View view = layoutInflater.inflate(R.layout.my_card_view_layout, this);
}

What I see is this. The card content part looks fine.. the dark color. But the margin/gap around the CardView is white. How do I get this to be transparent, and why does the dark card theme behave this way? Also, what will the shadow look like on a dark theme like this?

enter image description here

1 Answers
Related