I'm trying to limit the number of words allowed in a summernote.
example, I want to limit up to 50 words only.
Do you have any idea?
$(document).ready(function() {
$('#summernote').summernote({
height: 20,
});
});
I'm trying to limit the number of words allowed in a summernote.
example, I want to limit up to 50 words only.
Do you have any idea?
$(document).ready(function() {
$('#summernote').summernote({
height: 20,
});
});
var maxwords = 100;
$(".summernote").summernote({
height: '200px',
callbacks: {
onKeydown: function (e) {
var t = e.currentTarget.innerText;
var words = t.split(" ");
if (words.length >= maxwords) {
//delete key
if (e.keyCode != 8)
e.preventDefault();
// add other keys ...
}
},
onKeyup: function(e) {
var t = e.currentTarget.innerText;
var words = t.split(" ");
if (words.length >= maxwords) {
//delete key
if (e.keyCode != 8)
e.preventDefault();
// add other keys ...
}
},
onPaste: function(e) {
var t = e.currentTarget.innerText;
var bufferText = ((e.originalEvent || e).clipboardData ||
window.clipboardData).getData('Text');
e.preventDefault();
var all = t + bufferText;
var words = all.split(" ");
var array = words.slice(0, maxwords)
document.execCommand('insertText', false, array.join(" "));
}
}
});