Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.CodeAnalysis

Viewed 66367

I have a webproject I am trying to host, but when the server tries to compile it, I get the following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.CodeAnalysis, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.CodeAnalysis, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
--- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.CommandLine.Program.Main(String[] args)

So the server has an older version of CodeAnalysis than my project. So lets try a binding redirect!

<dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.CodeAnalysis" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-9.9.9.9" newVersion="1.0.0.0" />
</dependentAssembly>

Sadly, I still get the same error. What am I doing wrong?

6 Answers

I have had this problem today while doing an Umbraco v7.13.0 upgrade, simply updating the following package has fixed my problem, this is apparently a common problem with things like Umbraco upgrades.

Update-Package -Reinstall Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp

Right click on your project >> Manage Nuget packages manager for solution >> Tap on Updates >> Update your 'Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform' >> and then run your project again.

Related