phpmyadmin #1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server. after installing mysql command line client

Viewed 175960

I installed wamp.phpmyadmin working fine. Now that I have installed mysql command line client I am not able to connect to my databases from mysql command line or phpmyadmin. After restarting I could not access phpmyadmin #1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server. In addition to that my mysql command line not accepting my password and rejects my config files:

C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.5.24

my.ini

port=3306

my config.inc.php

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysql';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'whtevr';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false;

httpd.conf

listen port:80

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0

my.ini

port:3306

Again, I reinstalled mysql command line with port changed to 3307

port:3307

WAMP works fine accessing all the databases but from mysql command line client I could not access all my databases. It is only showing show databases;

information_schema 
mysql 
test
14 Answers

You have to go into your mySQL settings and change the settings to Legacy authentication. I use mysql community installer and it allows you to go back and reconfigure the settings. Create a new user, and choose standard authentication, choose a password, thats it. Its that simple!!!

Every once in a while, and this isn't often, but every once in a while, there's a typo in your password. A subtle difference between an upper and lower case letter, for example. I went through many, many of these solutions.

I had simply mistyped the password, and it was saved to my browser, so I didn't think to check it again.

Since this error CAN be caused by a missed password, just double-check before you go on this quest.

Related