Calculate Work Time from Shift and Break Table

Viewed 2181

I am using SQL Server 2008. I have two table Shift and Break with following data: The shifts will be 7 days week.

Data in SHIFT TABLE

ID  Desc Start_Time End_Time
1   1st 07:20:00    15:20:00
2   2nd 15:20:00    23:20:00
3   3rd 23:20:00    07:20:00

Data in BREAK TABLE

ID  Desc                    Start_Time  End_Time
1   1st Shift - 1st break   09:10:00    09:25:00
2   1st Shift - Lunch       11:30:00    12:05:00
3   1st Shift - 2nd break   13:30:00    13:45:00
4   2nd Shift - 1st break   17:10:00    17:25:00
5   2nd Shift - Lunch       19:30:00    20:05:00
6   2nd Shift - 2nd break   21:30:00    21:45:00
7   3rd Shift - 1st break   01:10:00    01:25:00
8   3rd Shift - Lunch       03:30:00    04:05:00
9   3rd Shift - 2nd break   05:30:00    05:45:00

The output needs to be something like:

Start_Time   End Time
07:20:00     09:10:00
09:25:00     11:30:00
12:05:00     13:30:00
13:30:00     15:20:00
....

I am new with joins, Can anyone help me on join. Also if you think any changes in table structure will be helpful please suggest.

1 Answers
Related