Joining two strings with a comma and space between them

Viewed 107251

I have been given the two strings "str1" and "str2" and I need to join them into a single string. The result should be something like this: "String1, String 2". The "str1" and "str2" variables however do not have the ", ".

So now for the question: How do I join these strings while having them separated by a comma and space?

This is what I came up with when I saw the "task", this does not seperate them with ", " though, the result for this is “String2String1”.

function test(str1, str2) {

    var res = str2.concat(str1);

    return res;

}
9 Answers

Google led us here, and apparently nobody mentions what we were after:

function metJoinStrings(varpString1, varpString2, varpSeparator) {
  return varpString1 + (varpString1 === '' ? '' : varpSeparator) + varpString2;
}

With this approach, the end result is presentable as expected, and consequently splittable afterwards. IMPORTANT: one could want to verify or manage the presence of 'varpSeparator' in the source strings, and act accordingly.

Also, parameter type validation should be added.

Related