I have been searching for quite a while and can't find an answer. I am working on an iOS app and have a modal settings page that appears on the tap of a button and returns with a segue. One of the options I would like to implement is a color scheme setting. I really want to avoid manually changing the color for every element on the page.
Apple has a UIAppearance protocol for this sort of thing (so I can set the text color of all buttons, etc. Their documentation says:
Note: iOS applies appearance changes when a view enters a window, it doesn’t change the appearance of a view that’s already in a window. To change the appearance of a view that’s currently in a window, remove the view from the view hierarchy and then put it back.
My question is how to do this. I have tried calling viewWillAppear and setNeedsDisplay without luck.