jQuery - Check if multiple radio button groups are selected, then return name of those who aren't

Viewed 13322

I have +90 questions in a survey. Each question has 5 choices. The questions is built by database information.

I need to check if all the questions were answered, and if one of them wasn't, then this should be alerted.

They are all divided into radio button groups, and I would like to use jQuery to check.

The if statement won't work, the only think that gets alerted is: " is NOT checked!"

<div class='aQuestion' id='div1'>
    <STRONG>1. </STRONG>
    <STRONG>Question</STRONG></br>
    <INPUT TYPE='radio' NAME='grp1' VALUE='0'>answer 1</br>
    <INPUT TYPE='radio' NAME='grp1' VALUE='1'>answer 2</br>
    <INPUT TYPE='radio' NAME='grp1' VALUE='2'>answer 3</br>
    <INPUT TYPE='radio' NAME='grp1' VALUE='3'>answer 4</br>
    <INPUT TYPE='radio' NAME='grp1' VALUE='4'>answer 5
</div>

<div class='aQuestion' id='div2'>
    <STRONG>2. </STRONG>
    <STRONG>Question</STRONG></br>
    <INPUT TYPE='radio' NAME='grp2' VALUE='0'>answer 1</br>
    <INPUT TYPE='radio' NAME='grp2' VALUE='1'>answer 2</br>
    <INPUT TYPE='radio' NAME='grp2' VALUE='2'>answer 3</br>
    <INPUT TYPE='radio' NAME='grp2' VALUE='3'>answer 4</br>
    <INPUT TYPE='radio' NAME='grp2' VALUE='4'>answer 5
</div>

( And there are 8 more those questions as above )

<script>

    jQuery('#submit').click(function(event)
    {
        event.preventDefault();

        for(i=1;i<=10;i++)
        {               
            var currentGroup = "grp" + i;

            if($("input[name=currentGroup]:checked").val())
            {
                alert(currentGroup + ' is checked!');                
            }
            else 
            {
                alert(currentGroup + ' is NOT checked!');
            }    
        }
    });

</script>

Thanks in advance. And if anyone has an idea how to make users browser view jump to the questions that weren't answered, then I would like to hear that too ;)

1 Answers
Related