Image steganography that could survive jpeg compression

Viewed 9176

I am trying to implement a steganographic algorithm where hidden message could survive jpeg compression.

The typical scenario is the following:

  1. Hide data in image
  2. Compress image using jpeg
  3. The hidden data is not destroyed by jpeg compressiona nd could be restored

I was trying to use different described algorithms but with no success. For example I was trying to use simple repetition code but the jpeg compression destroyed hidden data. Also I was trying to implementt algorithms described by the following articles: http://nas.takming.edu.tw/chkao/lncs2001.pdf http://www.securiteinfo.com/ebooks/palm/irvine-stega-jpg.pdf

Do you know about any algorithm that actually can survive jpeg compression?

4 Answers

What you're looking for is called watermarking.

A little warning: Watermarking algorithms use insane amounts of redundancy to ensure high robustness of the information being embedded. That means the amount of data you'll be able to hide in an image will be orders of magnitude lower compared to standard steganographic algorithms.

Related