Error when cross compiling Python for ARM

Viewed 6187

I'm trying to compile Python (version 3.1.3) for ARM, following this guide.

These are the commands I am issuing (on Ubuntu 12):

CC=arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc CXX=arm-linux-gnueabi-g++ AR=arm-linux-gnueabi-ar RANLIB=arm-linux-gnueabi-ranlib ./configure --host --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/python

make HOSTPYTHON=./hostpython HOSTPGEN=./Parser/hostpgen BLDSHARED="arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc -shared" CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- CROSS_COMPILE_TARGET=yes HOSTARCH=x86_64-linux-gnu BUILDARCH=x86_64-linux-gnu

make install HOSTPYTHON=./hostpython BLDSHARED="arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc -shared" CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- CROSS_COMPILE_TARGET=yes prefix=~/Python-2.7.2/_install

A few things to notice.

  1. When executing the first command, if --host is set to arm-linux, the command won't execute, telling me that I should use '--host' for cross-compiling. This is why I did not set it to anything.
  2. When running the second line, I get

configure: WARNING: Cache variable ac_cv_host contains a newline. Failed to configure _ctypes module

Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules were not found: _curses _curses_panel _dbm
_gdbm _hashlib _sqlite3
_ssl bz2 ossaudiodev readline zlib To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the module's name.

Failed to build these modules: _tkinter

I get a similar error when running the third line, but I guess it's due to the fact that the command above did not work.

I'm trying to see if anyone can help me fix it.

2 Answers
Related