How to link UITableView Cell to different ViewControllers in Storyboard

Viewed 1252

I have created a UITableView and set everything up so that it pulls the correct Data that I want on the table. The only issue I have is that when I click on an item, I want it to open that viewController

I have set the Storyboard ID up correctly so everything should work but please see my code below incase there's something obvious I've missed:

- (void)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView didSelectRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath
{
    // Navigation logic may go here. Create and push another view controller.
    /*
     <#DetailViewController#> *detailViewController = [[<#DetailViewController#> alloc] initWithNibName:@"<#Nib name#>" bundle:nil];
     // ...
     // Pass the selected object to the new view controller.
     [self.navigationController pushViewController:detailViewController animated:YES];

     */

    UIViewController *newTopViewController;


    if (indexPath.section == 0) {

        NSString *identifier = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@", [self.section1 objectAtIndex:indexPath.row]];

        newTopViewController = [self.storyboard instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier:identifier];

    } else if (indexPath.section == 1) {

        NSString *identifier = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@", [self.section2 objectAtIndex:indexPath.row]];

        newTopViewController = [self.storyboard instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier:identifier];

    }

    else if (indexPath.section == 2) {

        NSString *identifier = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@", [self.section3 objectAtIndex:indexPath.row]];

        newTopViewController = [self.storyboard instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier:identifier];

    }





}

I can provide more info if needed

4 Answers
Related