Managing an AngularJS web app within ASP.NET (alternative to RequireJS)

Viewed 1310

I'm currently using a combination of RequireJS and AngularJS in my application and on the server side is ASP.NET.

I chose to use RequireJS for a few of reasons:

  • I started the project with it before discovering Angular.
  • Easy loading of external APIs (eg. Facebook, Google).
  • Easy minification via. R.js
  • Easy to add files to the project as it grows, no need for additional script tags.

As the project has matured most areas I previously used RequireJS for now seem redundant which means most files end up with another level of indentation (and nothing more) thanks to the define wrapper:

define(['angular'], function(angular) {});

There's probably also a small perf. benefit when removing it too :)

So my question is, what's the best (and preferably quickest) way to manage AngularJS applications within the context of an ASP.NET environment? ASP.NET script bundles? Grunt tasks?

2 Answers
Related