SQLiteException: Unrecognized token when reading from database

Viewed 19894

I've created an SQLite database inside application, populated it and now I'm trying to read from it. The app keeps crashing and this is the logcat I receive:

12-30 05:53:18.008: E/AndroidRuntime(6205): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.example.testparsing/com.example.testparsing.Urnik}: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: unrecognized token: "4c" (code 1): , while compiling: SELECT predmet FROM predmeti WHERE dan=PONEDELJEK and ura=2 and oddelek=4c

Function for reading from database:

Cursor getSubject(String dan, int ura, String oddelek){
    String[] columnNames = new String[1];
    columnNames[0] = SQLiteHelper.PREDMET;
    String selection = SQLiteHelper.DAN+"="+dan+" and "+SQLiteHelper.URA+"="+ura+" and "+SQLiteHelper.ODDELEK+"="+oddelek;
    open();
    return db.query(
            SQLiteHelper.IME_TABELE, 
            columnNames, 
            selection, 
            null, null, null, null);
}

How I'm trying to read:

TextView tw1p = (TextView) findViewById(R.id.tview1p);
DatabaseHandler db = new DatabaseHandler(getApplicationContext());

Cursor c = db.getSubject("PONEDELJEK", 2, "4c");
String predmet = c.getString(c.getColumnIndex(SQLiteHelper.PREDMET));
tw1p.setText(predmet);

A screenshot of table, just to prove that oddelek "4c" in fact does exist: enter image description here

3 Answers
Related