I know this question has been asked before, but I have yet to find a satisyfing answer. I want to access Facebook posts by two different users, let's call them Kenny and Stan.
- Both users have posts that clearly are public – I can see them through my regular user account even though I have no connections whatsoever with Kenny nor Stan.
- I know I can access other users public posts using the same method (see below).
- I can access Kenny's posts via the Graph API Explorer. I cannot access Stan's posts through any API means though.
But here's what happens when I use this method https://graph.facebook.com/USER_ID/posts?access_token=APP_ID|APP_SECRET:
Kenny: I can only see a limited amount of the "posts", namely all his new friends and other people's comments.
Stan: All that shows up is the empty data array {"data": []}.
Third random user: I get precisely what I expect, all the public posts.
What is the cause of these seemingly random responses? I suspect it has something to do with the users privacy settings, but I tried accessing their /permissions endpoint and got even more errors (yay Facebook).
PS. Using the access token that the Graph API Explorer generates, I am able to access Kenny's posts via a GET call to the Graph API. I don't know what to make of this.