How to save financial data to a file in mathematica?

Viewed 282

I want to save the financial data I get from the following code:

data = FinancialData["GE","OHLCV", "Jan. 1, 2000"];

The format is:

{{yy, mm, dd}, {O, H, L, C, V}}

I want 2 columns, one for the {date}, other for the {O, H, L, C, V} but inside the second column I want to treat each individual value (like a list?)

I have tried:

Export[dir <> filename <> ".csv", data];
data1 = Import[dir <> filename <> ".csv", "Table"];

And also with other formats, "List", etc.

The problem is that I have a running program to backtest the data and it works fine when I get it from FinancialData but I just can't find a way to export and import like if I did the FinancialData...

For example I can't do thinks like:

C = Table[data1[[i]][[2]][[4]], {i, 1, n}];

(Of course everything works if I put data, instead of data1)

Any ideas?

2 Answers
Related