Insert image in excel using javascript

Viewed 6856

My html page contain a embedded image (png) that I like to insert into the excel file dynamically. I tried below that created the excel file with the name I like and a worksheet name as well * though the name of worksheet is same as file name, not sure how to set that, with below code

//creating a temporary HTML link element (they support setting file names)
                  var a = document.createElement('a');
                  var postfix = 'AKS'
                  //getting data from our div that contains the HTML table
                  var data_type = 'data:application/vnd.ms-excel';
                  var table_div = document.getElementById('myDynamicImage');
                  var table_html = table_div.outerHTML.replace(/ /g, '%20');
                  a.href = data_type + ', ' + table_html;
                  //setting the file name
                  a.download = 'exported_table_' + postfix + '.xls';
                  //triggering the function
                  a.click();

But the content of image in dataURI format is inserted in excel as a text rather then image. Can I setup this for image. can I control the position etc. can i control the worksheet name, I did that with some other but bit complicated way called tableToExcel.

0 Answers
Related