OpenLayers 3 Extent of all features on a vector layer?

Viewed 30418

I have an OpenLayers 3 map with a base layer and a vector layer.

this.topoLayer = new ol.layer.Vector({
  source: new ol.source.Vector(),
  style: style
});

var baseLayer = new ol.layer.Tile({
    source: new ol.source.XYZ({
        url: 'http://[…]/{z}/{x}/{y}.png',
        crossOrigin: 'null'
    })
});

this.map = new ol.Map({
    target: 'map',
    layers: [baseLayer, this.topoLayer],
    view: new ol.View2D({
        center: ol.proj.transform([11.38,  48.54], this.options.markerEPSG, this.options.mapEPSG),
        zoom: 5,
    }),
});

Upon user interaction, I add and remove several features to the vector layer. Here is the function that adds a new feature:

  var feature = new ol.Feature({
        topo: topo,
        selected: false,
        geometry: new ol.geom.Point(ol.proj.transform(location, this.options.markerEPSG, this.options.mapEPSG)),
  });

  this.topoLayer.getSource().addFeatures([feature]);

After adding/removing a new feature I would like to automatically zoom and pan the map to fit my features. In the old OpenLayers API there was the getDataExtent function on vector layers to retrieve a "bounding box" around all features shown. But I wonder how to do this with the new API.

5 Answers
Related