What do we have out there available to us (if anything) that we can call for QR data discovery and extraction on an image?
While there have been plenty of posts thus far referencing the ZXing library for QRCode scanning, I haven't found that to be a solution that works for me. Several others have been asking for QRCode scanning alternatives and I have not seen useful feedback. I thought I might ask the community once more what the other options might be for a QR code library that does not launch an activity and call outside our own applications. It should scan images from the Camera2 API in a very simplistic manner. It shouldn't be a complicated library. I hadn't seen examples or individuals speaking of it in this manner.
It actually puzzles me as to why there hasn't been native implementations of the QRCode functionality added into perhaps the Camera library or similar place within the Google SDK natively within the operating system.
Calling and requiring another application (or even requesting a download) is not an elegant solution and no users should be succumbed to doing such thing. As developers we should have access to a library capable of extracting a QRCode from an image or frame that we can then remove encoded data from.