IIS7 ADODB VBScript runtime error '800a01ad' Classic ASP - read lots, cannot resolve

Viewed 3371

I have installed IIS 7 on my dev machine after a drive crash. Previously running IIS 6. Most sites I have use Classic ASP and use the following code:

Set con  = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

I'm now getting the following error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad'
ActiveX component can't create object

I've researched this for weeks and have tried heaps of suggestions that I have read on various posts, nothing works, which is incredibly frustrating...

Running Windows 7 64Bit and I tried:

  1. Application Pool is set to "Enable 32-Bit Applications" TRUE (also tried FALSE)
  2. ADO is installed
  3. Permissions is set to Read/Execute for IUSR [machine] and have also tried the same for "Everyone"

Really would appreciate some help on this otherwise the only option I can see is going back to IIS 6 which I'd prefer not to do.

2 Answers
Related