Can we use EffectFactory Class for lower versions

Viewed 562

For my new assignment, I wanted to use some library that can provide a "Posterize effect". I found many library like Aviary SDK and jhlabs, Yes, these are easy to use, but these making the code heavier. SO I keep searching for Android's API itself which can do the similar task. And after a lot of RnD, I finally found one my time saver class EffectsFactory which provides the same as I wanted. I applied it in my assignment also. But the bad thing it was added in API level 14, And my app should be compatible with at least API level 8.

So, My question is,

Can I use EffectsFactory class for lower version? If Yes then How?

Or, If No, Then Do we have any API in Android SDK itself which do similar to effectfactory ?

Please avoid referencing any library or NDK's open cv library.

1 Answers
Related