I am having trouble with my RVM - I keep getting error messages telling me that PATH is not correctly set up.
First off, any of of this sounds like it it's coming from a complete noob, that's because it is. There have been some similar threads that I've been looking at, but nothing has helped me fix the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
When I run rvm get head and I get the message:
Warning! PATH is not properly set up, '/Users/mbauer/.rvm/src/rvm/gems/ruby-2.1.0/bin' is not at first place,
usually this is caused by shell initialization files - check them for 'PATH=...' entries,
it might also help to re-add RVM to your dotfiles: 'rvm get stable --auto-dotfiles',
to fix temporarily in this shell session run: 'rvm use ruby-2.1.0'.
I've tried running rvm get head --auto-dotfiles and restarted the terminal- no help.
Running rvm use ruby-2.1.0 also does not do anything, even in the current shell session.
When I run rvm --debug get head I noticed this:
step> 'update_gemsets_install_rvm' started
Installing rvm gem in 1 gemsetsERROR: While executing gem ... (Errno::EACCES)
Permission denied - /Users/mbauer/.rvm/src/rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@global/cache/rvm-1.11.3.8.gem
Installing gem-wrappers gem in 2 gemsetsERROR: While executing gem ... (Errno::EACCES)
Permission denied - /Users/mbauer/.rvm/src/rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@global/cache/gem-wrappers-1.2.1.gemERROR: While executing gem ... (Errno::EACCES)
Permission denied - /Users/mbauer/.rvm/src/rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@global/cache/gem-wrappers-1.2.1.gem
My research thus far leads me to believe that the problem is somewhere in my bash_profile
I've been referencing this thread, it seems like we have similar issue but I can't figure out what I would need to change/remove in my bash_profile to remedy the problem.
Here are the contents of my bash_profile:
[[ -s "$HOME/.rvm/src/rvm/scripts/rvm" ]] && source "$HOME/.rvm/src/rvm/scripts/rvm" # Load RVM into a shell session *as a function*
if [[ -s $HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm ]]; then
source $HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm;
fi
export PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:~/bin:$PATH"
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/git/bin:/Users/mbauer/.rvm/src/rvm/bin
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/git/bin:/Users/mbauer/.rvm/src/rvm/bin
Can anyone shed some light on this for me?