Using a different schema for the same declarative Base in sqlalchemy

Viewed 14961

I am new to both Pyramid and SQLAlchemy. I am working on a Python Pyramid project with SQLAlchemy. I have a simple model set up below. How would I go about being able to use this with different schemas at run-time? This will be a PostgreSQL database backend. Right now, "public" is hard-coded into the declarative base model. I would need the ability to use this same model with different schema. What is the best approach? Unless I missed it, the documentation at SQLAlchemy seemed unclear to me.

    from sqlalchemy.ext.declarative import declarative_base
    from sqlalchemy import Column, BigInteger

    __all__ = [
        "LoadTender"
    ]
    __all__.sort()

    Base = declarative_base()


    class LoadTender(Base):
        __tablename__ = "load_tenders"
        __table_args__ = {"schema": "public"}

        id = Column("pkey", BigInteger, primary_key=True)

        def __repr__(self):
            return "" % self.id

EDIT: I have appeared to solve my issue, I am updating the snippet to show what I did below.

from sqlalchemy.ext.declarative import declarative_base
from sqlalchemy import Column, BigInteger

__all__ = [
    "LoadTender"
]
__all__.sort()

Base = declarative_base()

class ClientMixin(object):
    __table_args__ = {"schema": "client_schema_name"}


class LoadTenderMixin(object):
    __tablename__ = "load_tenders"

    id = Column("pkey", BigInteger, primary_key=True)

    def __repr__(self):
        return "" % self.id


class ClientLoadTender(LoadTenderMixin, ClientMixin, Base):
    pass
3 Answers
Related