I have an iPad 3 and originally I had installed iOS 5.1.1. Then, I used the command "nvram wifiaddr=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" to change my mac address using the MobileTerminal, but I didn't realized I changed it to an invalid mac address. The first thing that happened was that after rebooting my device, it says that I have to connect my device to iTunes. After searching in google and testing all different methods to overcome this issue, none of them worked for me.
Then, I decided to update my iOS to 7.0.4 since I was running out of options. After I installed it, I noticed that my Wifi says N/A in the Settings/Info screen. Knowing this, search in the web and I later realized that the connect to iTunes error I was having was due to an invalid mac address that I had assigned.
Later, the jailbreak for iOS 7 came out and I was very happy since I thought that my problem was going to be solved. Guess what? It didn't. I now have cydia in my iPad 3 with iOS 7.0.4, but, in order to install mobileTerminal or openssh, I need to install afc2add in order to access the root folder of the device. But guess what? I can't. Why? Because I don't have internet because I don't have a valid mac address.
So, this is like a kind of a deadlock. I tried all methods I came think out. I tried to restore again my device back to iOS 5.1.1 since I have my shsh files, but unfortunely since its an A5 device, you can't do that as for now. I then try to install afc2add using a program called cyder from my computer, but guess what? I can't because I need afc2add in order to access my jailbroken device's root folder. I also tried sharing internet access using an iPhone 5's hotspot and my iPad, but since I don't have a valid mac address, it seems I can't receive anything from the internet. I know this because I did this same test with another iPad 3 with iOS 7.0.4 and a valid mac address and with this one it worked well.
So, I'm running out of options, what can I do? I guess I have to wait to either the A5 devices can be downgraded, a program that helps me install afc2add in my device or a jailbreak that already includes this for iOS 7. If you happen to know what to do, please let me know. Thanks!
Edit: I tried the latest version of iExplorer with not luck. Just in case, I also tried: iFunBox, iTools, PP Assistant, 91 Assistant, cyder and iSpirit. With iSpirit I can see the Cydia AutoInstall folder, but even if I upload deb files in there, since it says it's jailed, I don't think I'm uploading the files in the right place. I also tried creating the Cydia AutoInstall folder manually without any luck. I think as long as I can access the correct folder of where to put deb files for Cydia to install, that will also solve my problem. Thanks!
Edit2: I also tried Diskaid with no avail.