Coded UI test fails with MSTest under Jenkins

Viewed 4420

I am using Jenkins for my project CI. And several automation test cases developed by Coded UI(C# language) will be run when the new build is deployed. I created a job on the master(windows) that MSTest those test cases(note: with MSTest under cmd, test cases can be run successfully) but saw the below issue:

Error calling Initialization method for test class QuickUI.SmokeTests: Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.UITestException: To run tests that interact with the desktop, you must set up the test agent to run as an interactive process. For more information, see "How to: Set Up Your Test Agent to Run Tests That Interact with the Desktop" (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=159018)

Therefore,
1) Need I use Jenkins slave to run test cases?
2) If so, how to config since the dlls needs to be copied to slave firstly?
3) Is there any account or jenkins service configuration needs to be taken care?

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers
Related