Could not open input file: composer.phar

Viewed 208249

I am trying to install zendframework using composer tool in wamp server.

The following steps are done towards installation

  1. I downloaded the Composer-Setup.exe file from composer page and got successfully installed.

  2. I downloaded the zendframework and extracted inside the c:\wamp\www\zend folder

  3. I executed the command for self update

    php composer.phar self-update

This line generates the error message: could not open file composer.phar

how to resolve this error

If I try the

composer.phar self-update

enter image description here

16 Answers

I have fixed the same issue with below steps

  1. Open project directory Using Terminal (which you are using i.e. mintty )
  2. Now install composer within this directory as per given directions on https://getcomposer.org/download/

php -r "copy('https://getcomposer.org/installer', 'composer-setup.php');"

php -r "if (hash_file('SHA384', 'composer-setup.php') === 'the-provided-hash-code') { echo 'Installer verified'; } else { echo 'Installer corrupt'; unlink('composer-setup.php'); } echo PHP_EOL;"

php composer-setup.php php -r "unlink('composer-setup.php');"

  1. Now run your command.

Everything is working fine now because the composer.phar file is available within the current project directory.

Copied from https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21670709/running-composer-returns-could-not-open-input-file-composer-phar/51907013#51907013

thanks

Try in command line:

curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php

Instead of

php composer.phar create-project --repository-url="http://packages.zendframework.com" zendframework/skeleton-application path/to/install

use

php composer.phar create-project --repository-url="https://packages.zendframework.com" zendframework/skeleton-application path/to/install

Just add https instead of http in the URL. Though it's not a permanent solution, it does work.

Another solution could be.. find the location of composer.phar file in your computer. If composer is installed successfully then it can be found in the installed directory.

Copy that location & instead of composer.phar in the command line, put the entire path there.

It also worked for me!

I had the same issue when trying to use php composer install in a local directory on my Apache server for a laravel project I cloned from Github. My problem was I had already setup composer globally on my Ubuntu 18 machine.
Adding sudo instead of php started the install of a whole slew of packages listed in the json.lock file i.e. sudo composer install.

Just Use composer install

composer install
Related