How can I stream using OBS to a local server which can convert the stream into a file?

Viewed 31405

As stated above, I would like to stream to my lan server using OBS (open broadcaster software)

In OBS there is a "save to file" option but the quality can be quite low and take up a lot resources on the computer. I have a file server I use for just about everything with a decent CPU and plenty of storage space.

I'm trying to find some software which can convert the stream from my client computer to a file on the server, so all the rendering is done on the server rather than my computer. This will free up a lot of resources on the client computer.

My client computer is running windows 8.1 and my server is running windows server 2012 r2. I am able to use Ubuntu on the server too but I would rather use windows as everything is already setup.

1 Answers
Related