Android Settings Fragment

Viewed 5575

I'm trying to add a settings fragment to my android-app. So, I added a xml-file and this activity:

public class SettingsActivity extends Activity {
@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
    super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

    // Display the fragment as the main content.
    getFragmentManager().beginTransaction()
            .replace(android.R.id.content, new SettingsFragment())
            .commit();
}

public static class SettingsFragment extends PreferenceFragment {
    @Override
    public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

        // Load the preferences from an XML resource
        addPreferencesFromResource(R.xml.preferences);
    }
}
}

It's being called from the onOptionsItemSelected function in the main activity:

if (id == R.id.action_settings) {
        Intent intent = new Intent(this, SettingsActivity.class);
        startActivity(intent);
        return true;
    }

So, now, when I try to open the activity from the menu, it force-closes and I get this error in the console:

Force-removing child win Window{4190a9a8 u0 PopupWindow:418fc208} from container         Window{418dd448 u0 org.name.app/org.name.app.MainActivity}
Failed looking up window
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Requested window android.os.BinderProxy@423b1fc0 does not exist
        at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.windowForClientLocked(WindowManagerService.java:7934)
        at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.windowForClientLocked(WindowManagerService.java:7925)
        at com.android.server.wm.WindowState$DeathRecipient.binderDied(WindowState.java:1047)
        at android.os.BinderProxy.sendDeathNotice(Binder.java:493)
        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)
2 Answers
Related