Xdebug doesn't work in MAMP

Viewed 5036

I have MAMP with PHP 5.5.3 installed.

The ending of my php.ini file (MAMP/conf/php5.5.3/php.ini) is this:

[OPcache]
zend_extension="/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.3/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20121212/opcache.so"
  opcache.memory_consumption=128
  opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8
  opcache.max_accelerated_files=4000
  opcache.revalidate_freq=60
  opcache.fast_shutdown=1
  opcache.enable_cli=1

[xdebug]
xdebug.default_enable=1

xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
xdebug.remote_host=localhost
xdebug.remote_port=9000
xdebug.remote_autostart=1

zend_extension="/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.3/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20121212/xdebug.so"

Still, xdebug doesn't work when testing with a var_dump().

What else can I try?

EDIT: I have restarted MAMP every time I tried changing something. I also checked phpinfo(). It says here that I need to edit the file from MAMP, not from the finder. But I can't find where MAMP lets me go to the file...

4 Answers

Danger on newer mamp downloads, that comes with 7.3 php versions, and xdebug not supported yet as we can see here.

https://www.mamp.info/en/release-notes/mac/

to make it work, just need to load latest PHP functional version 7.2.14:

1- rename all the others php options in Applications/MAMP/bin/php, like '"_"php5.4.45' but not the 7.2.14 version, that will force mamp to use this version.

2- At the bottom of the ini file, in Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.2.14/conf/php.ini, Delete the ';' in xdebugg line.

3- Restart Mamp

4- Enjoy.

Related