Generate output files from template file and csv data in python

Viewed 3583

I need to generate xml files poulated with data from a csv file in python

I have two input files:

one CSV file named data.csv containing data like this:

ID  YEAR    PASS    LOGIN   HEX_LOGIN
14Z 2013    (3e?k<.P@H}l    hex0914Z    F303935303031345A
14Z 2014    EAeW+ZM..--r    hex0914Z    F303935303031345A
.......

One Template file named template.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SecurityProfile xmlns="security_profile_v1">
<year></year>
<security>
<ID></ID>
<login></login>
<hex_login></hex_login>
<pass></pass>
</security>
</SecurityProfile>

I want to get as many output files as lines in the csv data file, each output filed named YEAR_ID, with the data from the csv file in the xml fields:

Output files contentes:

Content of output file #1 named 2013_0950014z:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SecurityProfile xmlns="security_profile_v1">
<year>2013</year>
<security>
<ID>14Z</ID>
<login>hex0914</login>
<hex_login>F303935303031345A</hex_login>
<pass>(3e?k<.P@H}l</pass>
</security>
</SecurityProfile>

Content of output file #2 named 2014_0950014z:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SecurityProfile xmlns="security_profile_v1">
<year>2014</year>
<security>
<ID>14Z</ID>
<login>hex0914</login>
<hex_login>F303935303031345A</hex_login>
<pass>EAeW+ZM..--r</pass>
</security>
</SecurityProfile>

Thank you for your suggestions.

2 Answers
Related