UIPickerView as inputView of UITextField

Viewed 38420

I've read a lot about how I can use a UIPickerView as the inputView of my UITextField. The thing is, I am able to call the UIPickerView when I tap on the UITextField. However, my app always loads with the UIPickerView shown. I have already tried changing the myownpickerview.hidden = YES; in viewDidLoad, but this causes problems when I click on the UITextField. It won't show up, and if I click multiple times, the debugger shows that there would be an error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I only want the UIPickerView shown after I tap on the UITextField

I'm still working on my first ever iOS app. Please be patient. Thank you =)

3 Answers

Use like this,

 // Picker
UIPickerView *picker = [[UIPickerView alloc]initWithFrame:CGRectMake(0, 0, self.view.frame.size.width,150)];
picker.dataSource = self;
picker.delegate = self;

// Tool bar
UIToolbar *pickerToolbar = [[UIToolbar alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(0, 0, self.view.frame.size.width,35)];
pickerToolbar.barStyle = UIBarStyleDefault;

// Bar button
UIBarButtonItem *doneButton = [[UIBarButtonItem alloc] initWithBarButtonSystemItem:UIBarButtonSystemItemDone target:self action:@selector(pickerDoneButtonTapped:)];
UIBarButtonItem *flexSpace = [[UIBarButtonItem alloc] initWithBarButtonSystemItem:UIBarButtonSystemItemFlexibleSpace target:self action:nil];
[pickerToolbar setItems:@[flexSpace,doneButton]];

self.selectedLockerTextFiled.inputAccessoryView = pickerToolbar;
self.selectedLockerTextFiled.inputView = picker;

Below code for done button actions,

-(void)pickerDoneButtonTapped:(id)picker{
    [self.view endEditing:YES];}

Using Swift:

let pickerView = UIPickerView()
pickerView.dataSource = self
pickerView.delegate = self
textField.inputView = pickerView;

Don't forget to implement the UIPickerViewDataSource and UIPickerViewDelegate.

Related