How do I configure nginx as proxy to jetty?

Viewed 19297

I've been trying to set up nginx as proxy to jetty. I want to do something as explained in this answer but for Jetty not ring.

I've created a .war and I placed it in ~/jetty/jetty-dist/webapps/web_test-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT-standalone.war

Say, I want to use the domain example.com with ip address 198.51.100.0.

I've also copied /etc/nginx/sites-available/default into the file example.com and I have it in the same directory.

Can you help me configure nginx as proxy to jetty in my case? I know there are many references online about how to do this but they are all different and I got confused.

What specific changes do I need to make in nginx? What changes do I need to make in jetty.xml? Do I need to make any other changes? Will my app be served at example.com/index.html?

Current state of nginx is copied below:

upstream jetty {
  server 127.0.0.1:8080 fail_timeout=0
}

server {
        listen 80 default_server;
        #listen [::]:80 default_server ipv6only=on;

        root /usr/share/nginx/html;
        index index.html index.htm;

        server_name localhost;

        location / {
                proxy_pass http://jetty

                try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
        }

EDIT

I was wondering if I need to use Jetty at all. In this setup he just uses ring, which seems super easy? What do I gain by using jetty?


1 Answers
Related