Showing progress in percentage while uploading and downloading using HttpWebRequest class

Viewed 15246

I'm trying to upload and download (in the same request) to a server using HttpWebRequest in C# and since the size of data is considerable (considering network speed) I would like to show the user how far of the job is done and how much is left (not in seconds but in percentage).

I've read a couple of examples trying to implement this but none of them show any progress bar. They all just use async not to block the UI while it is uploading/downloading. And they are mostly focused on upload / download and none try including them both in the same request.

Since I'm using .Net 4 as my target framework, I can not implement an async method myself. If you are to suggest anything asynchronous, please just use Begin... methods and not await keyword! Thanks.

3 Answers
Related