How to configure second level cache in Hibernate 4.3

Viewed 20396

I have read post related with this but not get any answer working for me. I am configuring second level cache in Hibernate v4.3. And I have used MySQL 5.0

I have written following elements in hibernate.cfg.xml

<property name="hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache">true</property>
<property name="hibernate.cache.region.factory_class">org.hibernate.cache.ehcache.EhCacheRegionFactory</property>

I have annotated my Entity class for cache as follows

@Entity 

@Cache(usage = CacheConcurrencyStrategy.READ_ONLY)
public class Employee { ....}

Following exception is shown when run

INFO: HHH000397: Using ASTQueryTranslatorFactory
Exception in thread "main" org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.cache.spi.RegionFactory]
    at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.createService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:233)
    at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:197)
    at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.getService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:178)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:295)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettingsInternal(Configuration.java:2442)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2438)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1855)
    at com.example.hibernate.Hibernate4Main.main(Hibernate4Main.java:32)
Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: could not instantiate RegionFactory [org.hibernate.cache.ehcache.EhCacheRegionFactory]
    at org.hibernate.cache.internal.RegionFactoryInitiator.initiateService(RegionFactoryInitiator.java:101)
    at org.hibernate.cache.internal.RegionFactoryInitiator.initiateService(RegionFactoryInitiator.java:46)
    at org.hibernate.boot.registry.internal.StandardServiceRegistryImpl.initiateService(StandardServiceRegistryImpl.java:83)
    at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.createService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:223)
    ... 7 more
Caused by: org.hibernate.boot.registry.selector.spi.StrategySelectionException: Unable to resolve name [org.hibernate.cache.ehcache.EhCacheRegionFactory] as strategy [org.hibernate.cache.spi.RegionFactory]
    at org.hibernate.boot.registry.selector.internal.StrategySelectorImpl.selectStrategyImplementor(StrategySelectorImpl.java:128)
    at org.hibernate.cache.internal.RegionFactoryInitiator.initiateService(RegionFactoryInitiator.java:87)
    ... 10 more

I have seen than there are different cache providers for Hibernate v3 like EhCacheProvoider. All are in org.hibernate.cache package. But for Hibernate 4.3 there are only 3 classes as RegionFactory.class and other two are of exception.

1. What is wrong with above code?

2. What are major changes made for Second level cache configuration in Hibernate 4.3?

4 Answers
Related