Cant start new activity from onActivityResult method in main activity

Viewed 4826

I have used following method to get image after calling photo gallery intent. I want to start another activity by passing the bitmap of that image and show that image in the second activity. But, nothing will happen after a photo is picked from photo gallery.

protected void onActivityResult(int requestCode, int resultCode, Intent
                    data) {
        final String path;

        if (requestCode == GALLERY_REQUEST) {
        if (resultCode == Activity.RESULT_OK) {

        Uri imageFileUri = data.getData();

            if (imageFileUri != null) {
                try {
                path = getPath(imageFileUri);
                BitmapFactory.Options load_option = new BitmapFactory.Options();
                load_option.inPurgeable = true;
                load_option.inDensity = 0;
                load_option.inTargetDensity = 0;
                load_option.inDensity = 0;
                load_option.inScaled = false;
                bmp_main = BitmapFactory.decodeFile(path, load_option);
                ByteArrayOutputStream stream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
                bmp_main.compress(Bitmap.CompressFormat.PNG, 100, stream);
                byte[] byteArray = stream.toByteArray();

                Intent intentPhoto = new Intent(MainActivity.this, SecondActivity.class);
                intentPhoto.putExtra("image",byteArray);
                startActivity(intentPhoto);

                    } catch (Exception e) {

                    e.printStackTrace();
                    }
                }
            }

            }


        }

Can anybody tell what's the problem?

N.B.: 1.I have added the activity in the manifest

2. There is no logcat error or exception regarding this

3. I have done debugging, it goes upto startActivity line correctly, but after that nothing happen

2 Answers
Related