As the title suggests I would like to load remote data once only. I thought about loading a data with independent ajax call and set it "locally" at the control but wonder if there is more "built in" way to do so...
As the title suggests I would like to load remote data once only. I thought about loading a data with independent ajax call and set it "locally" at the control but wonder if there is more "built in" way to do so...
This is for Select2 v4.0.3:
I had this same question and got around it by triggering an AJAX call and using the data returned as the initialized data array.
// I used an onClick event to fire the AJAX, but this can be attached to any event.
// Ensure ajax call is done *ONCE* with the "one" method.
$('#mySelect').one('click', function(e) {
// Text to let user know data is being loaded for long requests.
$('#mySelect option:eq(0)').text('Data is being loaded...');
$.ajax({
type: 'POST',
url: '/RetrieveDropdownOptions',
data: {}, // Any data that is needed to pass to the controller
dataType: 'json',
success: function(returnedData) {
// Clear the notification text of the option.
$('#mySelect option:eq(0)').text('');
// Initialize the Select2 with the data returned from the AJAX.
$('#mySelect').select2({ data: returnedData });
// Open the Select2.
$('#mySelect').select2('open');
}
});
// Blur the select to register the text change of the option.
$(this).blur();
});
This worked well for what I had in mind. Hope this helps people searching with the same question.
In my condition, it is working perfectly with the given code
$('#itemid').select2({
cacheDataSource: [],
closeOnSelect: true,
minimumInputLength: 3,
placeholder: "Search Barcode / Name",
query: function(query) {
// console.log(query);
self = this;
var key = query.term;
var cachedData = self.cacheDataSource[key];
if(cachedData) {
query.callback({results: cachedData});
return;
} else {
$.ajax({
url: "./includes/getItemSelect2.php",
data: { value : query.term },
dataType: 'json',
type: 'POST',
success: function(data) {
self.cacheDataSource[key] = data;
query.callback({results: data});
}
});
}
},
});
And my data return from the ajax is in this form
<?php
$arr = [
["id" => 1, "text" => "Testing"],
["id" => 2, "text" => "test2"],
["id" => 3, "text" => "test3"],
["id" => 4, "text" => "test4"],
["id" => 5, "text" => "test5"]
];
echo json_encode($arr);
exit();
?>