Custom URL scheme starting with http not working

Viewed 3612

I have used Custom URL scheme in application. I am successful in redirecting from safari to my app. Like I have make URL scheme "appname". Please check http://prntscr.com/2cjx0p.

I need to use a solution like ios url redirect from mail to app, but I'm not sure on how to set the cookie.

I found that I have to set a cookie for the server "http://myappname.com" in my app first. But how should I do that?


Backstory:

I can use it like by typing "appname://" in safari and I am being redirected to my application.

Now, I have to share this to mail. And requirement is to open application from mail. So, I have also set this link to be clickable in email body. But, because it starts with "appname://", I am not redirected to my application. It means this link must starts with "http://".

Then, I have set "http" instead of "appname" in URL scheme and again share that text. so it will be like "http://". But, by typing this, it doesn't redirect it to my app.

3 Answers
Related