gradle build fails on lint task

Viewed 122486

I have a simple android project that I created with Android Studio 0.4.0. I use Gradle 1.9 and Gradle Android Plugin 0.7. Yesterday I've added Jake Wharton's ButterKnife library in my gradle build script:

dependencies {
            compile 'com.android.support:support-v4:19.0.0'
            compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:19.0.0'

            // Butterknife
            compile 'com.jakewharton:butterknife:4.0.1'
}

When I run the application from Android Studio, the build runs fine and executes correctly on my devices. But when I try (from the command line) gradle build the build fails. Here is a part from my lint report:

InvalidPackage: Package not included in Android

/home/yami/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/com.jakewharton/butterknife/4.0.1/f43b36925363701633d01adb8e54df7150397a78/butterknife-4.0.1.jar: Invalid package reference in library; not included in Android: javax.annotation.processing. Referenced from butterknife.internal.InjectViewProcessor.
/home/yami/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/com.jakewharton/butterknife/4.0.1/f43b36925363701633d01adb8e54df7150397a78/butterknife-4.0.1.jar: Invalid package reference in library; not included in Android: javax.annotation.processing. Referenced from butterknife.internal.InjectViewProcessor.
/home/yami/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/com.jakewharton/butterknife/4.0.1/f43b36925363701633d01adb8e54df7150397a78/butterknife-4.0.1.jar: Invalid package reference in library; not included in Android: javax.annotation.processing. Referenced from butterknife.internal.InjectViewProcessor.
/home/yami/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/com.jakewharton/butterknife/4.0.1/f43b36925363701633d01adb8e54df7150397a78/butterknife-4.0.1.jar: Invalid package reference in library; not included in Android: javax.annotation.processing. Referenced from butterknife.internal.InjectViewProcessor.
/home/yami/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/com.jakewharton/butterknife/4.0.1/f43b36925363701633d01adb8e54df7150397a78/butterknife-4.0.1.jar: Invalid package reference in library; not included in Android: javax.annotation.processing. Referenced from butterknife.internal.InjectViewProcessor.

Maybe I'm missing something, but not to be able to build the project in the terminal blocks the possibility of CI for Android projects.

Any help would be great.

11 Answers

If you set abortOnError false, you will see a warning:

Cannot access 'abortOnError': it is private in 'LintOptions'

enter image description here

Thanks to erluxman you can simply press Ctrl+Space on empty space inside lintOptions {} block to see properties and write:

lintOptions {
    // if true, stop the gradle build if errors are found
    isAbortOnError = false
    // if true, show all locations for an error, do not truncate lists, etc.
    isShowAll = true
}
Related