Search/Find functionality in QTableView

Viewed 4565

I have a QWidget and inside that, there is a QTableView. I need to have a find functionality on the first column of the table, so when I click on Ctrl+F, a find dialog will pop-up.

class Widget(QWidget):
    def __init__(self,md,parent=None):
        QWidget.__init__(self,parent)
        layout=QVBoxLayout(self)

        # initially construct the visible table
        tv = QTableView()
        # uncomment this if the last column shall cover the rest
        tv.horizontalHeader().setStretchLastSection(True)
        tv.show()

        # set black grid lines
        self.setStyleSheet("gridline-color: rgb(39, 42, 49)")

        # construct the Qt model belonging to the visible table
        model = NvmQtModel(md)
        tv.setModel(model)
        tv.resizeRowsToContents()
        tv.resizeColumnsToContents()

        # set the shortcut ctrl+F for find in menu
        shortcut = QShortcut(QKeySequence('Ctrl+f'), self)
        shortcut.activated.connect(self.handleFind)

        # delegate for decimal
        delegate = NvmDelegate()
        tv.setItemDelegate(delegate)
        self.setGeometry(200,200,600,600) # adjust this later
        layout.addWidget(tv)

        # set window title
        self.setWindowTitle("TITLE")

    # shows and handles the find dialog
    def handleFind(self):
        findDialog = QDialog()
        grid = QGridLayout()
        findDialog.setLayout(grid)

        findLabel = QLabel("Find what", findDialog)
        grid.addWidget(findLabel,1,0)
        findField = QLineEdit(findDialog)
        grid.addWidget(findField,1,1)
        findButton = QPushButton("Find", findDialog)
        findButton.clicked.connect(self.find)
        grid.addWidget(findButton,2,1)

        findDialog.exec_()

    # find function: search in the first column of the table   
    def find(self):
        #to do

    # prevent closing the window  without confirmation
    def closeEvent(self, event):
        reply=QMessageBox.question(self,'Message',"Are you sure to quit?",QMessageBox.Yes|QMessageBox.No,QMessageBox.No)
        if reply==QMessageBox.Yes:
            event.accept()
        else:
            event.ignore()

# create the application and the new tree view container
app=QApplication(sys.argv)
wid=Widget(md)
wid.show()
wid.raise_()

I have problem in the findButton action where it should search in the first column of the table. I would appreciate if you guide me in this issue.

1 Answers
Related