Nesting Models Relations In Forms - Laravel

Viewed 13585

In laravel, is there some way of nesting related resources in a form?

Say I have this:

class Person extends Eloquent {
  public function addresses() {
    return $this->hasMany("Address");
  }
}

class Address extends Eloquent {
  public function person() {
    return $this->belongsTo("Person");
  }
}

and I want a Person form to collect information about that Person's Addresses. Does laravel facilitate this in a way that is equivalent to Rails' accepts_nested_attributes_for :address and fields_for :address?

I'd just like something simple where I can include the Address fields with the results of the Person form, since the Address doesn't really exist apart from the Person. Does this make sense?

== EDIT ==

This is hypothetical code

What I'm looking for is something that would resemble this:

{{ Form::model(new Person, array("action" => "admin\PersonController@store", "method" => "POST")) }}

{{ Form::text("name", array(...)) // <input name='person[name]' ... /> }}


{{ Form::email("email", array(...)) // <input name='person[email]' ... /> }}

{{ Form::fields_for("addresses"/* Would be name of relation */) }}

  {{ Form::text("street_address") // <input name='person[addresses][][street_address]' ... /> }}

{{ Form::close_fields() }}

{{ Form::close() }}
3 Answers
Related