How can I manage the potential endless pushing of view controllers onto the navigation controller stack? iOS

Viewed 599

I have an app that is made up of a UINavigationController that pushes ViewControllers from 3 different tabs.

The trouble I am foreseeing is that current structure allows the user to endlessly add VC's onto the stack.

I have a tab called pharmaceuticals and another called pathogens. If you drill down far enough in pharmaceuticals you get to a list of the pathogens it is effective against and the user can select a pathogen to see more information about it. This causes the app to push a new pathogenVC.

Now the user can drill down to the list of pharmaceuticals the pathogen is susceptible to and select it, which cause a new VC in the pharmaceuticals tab.

and so on and so on...

each time there is an additional 1.5Mb added to the memory footprint.

How can I best manage this?

2 Answers
Related