Is it possible to set diff/merge-tool for a specific file extension in git-extensions?

Viewed 4476

I'm just getting started on developing in LabView, it's all new to me.

And i'd like to use git extensions to handle my versioning. Since the source is in a *.vi format, I can't use the normal diff tools, the source is binary.

Fortunately, LabView comes with dedicated diff and merge tools which seems to be very helpful. And I can setup TortoiseGit to use these tools on all *.vi files. It's from this how-to:

https://www.labviewhacker.com/doku.php?id=learn:software:github:getting_started

Is there a way to do the same in Git Extensions? I much prefer git extensions over TortoiseGit.. So I'd rather not be forced to use TortoiseGit.

From what I've found, you can only specify a general diff/merge tool, not different ones for different types of files.

Any help would be appreciated, do anyone know how? :)

2 Answers
Related