CNAME setup displaying 'Bad Request (400)'

Viewed 4098

Background:

My Django app is located @ www.name-of-app.rhcloud.com Through dns-provider.com I own: www.name-of-app.com

The CName setup is as follows: name-of-app.com redirects to www.name-of-app.com, www.name-of-app.com is setup as a CNAME alias to www.name-of-app.rhcloud.com

Now if I try to access www.name-of-app.com from any browser I receive a 'Bad Request (400)' error.

I have played around with the following settings:

  • I can successfully redirect www.name-of-app.com to www.name-of-app.rhcloud.com, but then after switching back to a CNAME I am met with the same error.
  • I have added the necessary alias ala: rhc alias add www.name-of-app.com -a myApp
  • I have tried the steps of removing && then re-adding the above alias, to no effect.

If I run the host command from my devel station I see that the alias is correctly set up.

cmd: host www.name-of-app.com(first 2 lines of output are listed below):www.name-of-app.comis an alias forname-of-app.rhcloud.com.name-of-app.rhcloud.comis an alias forex-std-nodeXXX.prod.rhcloud.com`.

I am working with dns-provider.com, but they haven't raised any issues to this point.

Question:

How can I get this CNAME issue resolved? It seems to be out of my control and beyond my domain of expertise at the given moment.

2 Answers
Related