Get button click inside UITableViewCell

Viewed 228904

I have a view controller with a table view and a separate nib for the table cell template. The cell template has some buttons. I want to access the button click along with the index of the cell clicked inside the view controller where I have defined the Table view.

So I have ViewController.h and ViewController.m where I have the UITableView and TableTemplate.h, TableTemplate.m and TableTemplate.xib where I have the nib defined. I want the button click event with cell index in ViewController.m.

Any help on how can I do that?

18 Answers

Use Swift closures :

class TheCell: UITableViewCell {

    var tapCallback: (() -> Void)?

    @IBAction func didTap(_ sender: Any) {
        tapCallback?()
    }
}

extension TheController: UITableViewDataSource {
    func tableView(_ tableView: UITableView, cellForRowAt indexPath: IndexPath) -> UITableViewCell {
            let cell = tableView.dequeueReusableCell(withIdentifier: TheCell.identifier, for: indexPath) as! TheCell {
            cell.tapCallback = {
                //do stuff
            }
            return cell
    }
}

Its Work For me.

 - (UITableViewCell *)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView cellForRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath {
     UIButton *Btn_Play = (UIButton *)[cell viewWithTag:101];
     [Btn_Play addTarget:self action:@selector(ButtonClicked:) forControlEvents:UIControlEventTouchUpInside];
}
-(void)ButtonClicked:(UIButton*)sender {
     CGPoint buttonPosition = [sender convertPoint:CGPointZero toView:self.Tbl_Name];
     NSIndexPath *indexPath = [self.Tbl_Name indexPathForRowAtPoint:buttonPosition];
}

If you want to pass parameter value from cell to UIViewController using closure then

//Your Cell Class
class TheCell: UITableViewCell {

    var callBackBlockWithParam: ((String) -> ()) = {_ in }

//Your Action on button
    @IBAction func didTap(_ sender: Any) {
        callBackBlockWithParam("Your Required Parameter like you can send button as sender or anything just change parameter type. Here I am passing string")
    }
}

//Your Controller
extension TheController: UITableViewDataSource {
    func tableView(_ tableView: UITableView, cellForRowAt indexPath: IndexPath) -> UITableViewCell {
            let cell = tableView.dequeueReusableCell(withIdentifier: TheCell.identifier, for: indexPath) as! TheCell {
            cell.callBackBlockWithParam = { (passedParamter) in 

             //you will get string value from cell class
                print(passedParamter)     
      }
            return cell
    }
}
// Add action in cell for row at index path -tableView

cell.buttonName.addTarget(self, action: #selector(ViewController.btnAction(_:)), for: .touchUpInside)

// Button Action

  @objc func btnAction(_ sender: AnyObject) {



        var position: CGPoint = sender.convert(.zero, to: self.tableView)


        let indexPath = self.tableView.indexPathForRow(at: position)
        let cell: UITableViewCell = tableView.cellForRow(at: indexPath!)! as
        UITableViewCell




}

for swift 4:

inside the cellForItemAt ,
   
cell.chekbx.addTarget(self, action: #selector(methodname), for: .touchUpInside)

then outside of cellForItemAt
@objc func methodname()
{
//your function code
}

CustomTableCell.h is a UITableViewCell:

@property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet UIButton *action1Button;
@property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet UIButton *action2Button;

MyVC.m after imports:

@interface MYTapGestureRecognizer : UITapGestureRecognizer
@property (nonatomic) NSInteger dataint;
@end

Inside "cellForRowAtIndexPath" in MyVC.m:

//CustomTableCell 
CustomTableCell *cell = (CustomTableCell *)[tableView dequeueReusableCellWithIdentifier:cellIdentifier forIndexPath:indexPath];

//Set title buttons
[cell.action1Button setTitle:[NSString stringWithString:NSLocalizedString(@"action1", nil)] forState:UIControlStateNormal];
[cell.action2Button setTitle:[NSString stringWithString:NSLocalizedString(@"action2", nil)] forState:UIControlStateNormal];

//Set visibility buttons
[cell.action1Button setHidden:FALSE];
[cell.action2Button setHidden:FALSE];

//Do 1 action
[cell.action1Button addTarget:self action:@selector(do1Action :) forControlEvents:UIControlEventTouchUpInside];

//Do 2 action
MYTapGestureRecognizer *action2Tap = [[MYTapGestureRecognizer alloc] initWithTarget:self action:@selector(do2Action :)];
cancelTap.numberOfTapsRequired = 1;
cancelTap.dataint = indexPath.row;
[cell.action2Button setUserInteractionEnabled:YES];
[cell.action2Button addGestureRecognizer:action2Tap];

MyVC.m:

-(void)do1Action :(id)sender{
//do some action that is not necessary fr data
}

-(void)do2Action :(UITapGestureRecognizer *)tapRecognizer{
MYTapGestureRecognizer *tap = (MYTapGestureRecognizer *)tapRecognizer;
numberTag = tap.dataint;
FriendRequest *fr = [_list objectAtIndex:numberTag];

//connect with a WS o do some action with fr data

//actualize list in tableView
 [self.myTableView reloadData];
}
Related