apk update for tablet, still says "Designed for phones"

Viewed 3972

I published an update to an apk yesterday (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nu.heka.tinnitusrev2), and in this update I added support for tablets.

The problem is I still have that ugly "Designed for phones"-brand when I look up the app in Play Store on my tablet.

Here's the steps I've made:

  • Updated screenshots for 7" and 10" tablets (Both the localized version and international)
  • use sw600dp and sw720dp qualifiers
  • updated versioncode and name in manifest
  • apk details shows that it supports all sizes small - xlarge

The screenshots for tablets are shown on my tablet so I don't get why it still gets the Designed for phones tag.

Anything I missed or is this just something I have to wait out?

EDIT:

I see at Tablet checklist that I should declare:

      <supports-screens
    android:largeScreens="true"
    android:xlargeScreens="true"
    />

but it also says that minSdk should be 11 if I understand correctly(?!) I have minSDK 9 and some users that has those old devices. So I can't have my app < 11 to get rid of that stamp?

2 Answers
Related