ValueAnimator only repeats once

Viewed 7197

I am trying to get a ValueAnimator to repeat once it has ended. I am using it with a SeekBar in a ListView. For some reason, the ValueAnimator will finish, trigger the onAnimationEnd() go again, but then when it reaches the end the onAnimationEnd() is never called a second time.

    @Override
    public View getContentView(int position, View convertView, ViewGroup parent) {
        ...
        setupTimerBar(t);
        ...
    }


    private AnimatorListenerAdapter generateNewAnimatorListenerAdapter(final TylersContainer t) {
        return new AnimatorListenerAdapter() {
            @Override
            public void onAnimationEnd(Animator animation) {
                setupTimerBar(t);
            }
        };
    }

    private void setupTimerBar(TylersContainer t)
    {       
        View view = t.getView();
        BusTime arrivalTime = t.getBusTime();
        int minutes = BusTime.differenceInMiuntes(arrivalTime, BusTime.now());
        long milliseconds = minutes * 60 * 1000;

        final TimerBar seekBar = (TimerBar) view.findViewById(R.id.SeekBar);

        int progress = Utility.setProgress(arrivalTime, seekBar.getMax());  
        long duration = Utility.setAnimationDuration(progress);

        seekBar.setProgress(progress);
        seekBar.setAnimationDuration(duration);
        seekBar.setAnimationStartDelay(milliseconds);
        seekBar.setAnimatorListenerAdapter(generateNewAnimatorListenerAdapter(t));
    }

The seekBar object is actually an custom object which contains a SeekBar and a ValueAnimator, here are the relevant bits:

    //Constructor
    public TimerBar(Context context) {
        super(context);

        startTime = Calendar.getInstance();
        valueAnimator = ValueAnimator.ofInt(0, getMax());

        //Override the update to set this object progress to the animation's value
        valueAnimator.addUpdateListener(new AnimatorUpdateListener() {

            @Override
            public void onAnimationUpdate(ValueAnimator animation) {    
                int animProgress = (Integer) animation.getAnimatedValue();
                setProgress(animProgress);

            }
         });
    }

    //Specify the start time by passing a long, representing the delay in milliseconds
    public void setAnimationStartDelay(long milliseconds){

        //Set the delay (if need be) and start the counter
        if(milliseconds > 0)
            valueAnimator.setStartDelay(milliseconds);

        valueAnimator.setIntValues(this.getProgress(), this.getMax());

        valueAnimator.start();
    }


    //Set the duration of the animation
    public void setAnimationDuration(long duration){
        valueAnimator.setDuration(duration);
    }


    public void setAnimatorListenerAdapter(AnimatorListenerAdapter ala){
        valueAnimator.addListener(ala);
    }

I can't figure out why it isn't repeating more than twice.

I've tried using the Repeat attribute and setting that to INIFINITI but that didn't help either.


Edit: To be clear, what I am trying to get is an animation that repeats itself indefinitely, each time with a different duration.

2 Answers
Related